Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We had  really nice day spent with the McPherson family down in Culpepper VA.  And let me just say, there's nothing like putting enough food on your plate for 3 people and everyone says, "Hey it's ok you're eating for 2".  Only a few more months that I can get away with this! 

Today we decided to get a few things for the nursery since we were sure to find some good deals (Black Friday).  Surprisingly, the mall and Home Depot were not very busy at 10am and  I was really relieved.  We picked up the closet system, a new area rug and the crib bedding.  James was so funny.  After we left Pottery Barn Kids, he looks over at me and says, "I really hate that store."  Felt like he had been taken advantage of.  They had a promotion going on, spend $100 and get $20 store credit.  Turns out, the store credit isn't valid for online sales and you have to wait until after Christmas before you can redeem it, when there's nothing left on the shelves.  So they got us!  We ended up getting what we wanted, but later I realized I forgot to get the crib skirt.  Now I am wondering if  I can just sew one.  Couldn't be that hard I'm sure.  Then we headed over to Buy Buy Baby for a great 1 one 1 lesson on crib mattresses. Who would have ever thought there is so much to do and learn before the baby arrives.

James installing the closet system and Emma and Leo and I admiring his handy work.

Love Amanda & James  



No comments:

Post a Comment