Monday, December 28, 2009

Dr Visit 34 Weeks

I had my 34 week (8 month) check up and  another ultra sound  to determine if Baby O had turned.  Just as I had suspected, he is still in the Frank Breech position.  His head is on the left side near my heart, legs and arms are curled up around his head and his tushy is sitting inside my pelvis.  See the drawing below.  I told James he must really like to hear my voice and wants to hang out near me.  Even though he isn't in the proper position, he is doing very well with a strong heart beat and weighing in at 5lbs 4 oz. He is really filling out now and looking more and more like his Daddy with each ultra sound.




We met with another Dr. in the practice today and based on his observation and belly measurements, he feels strongly Baby O is too big now to make the move down.  He also feels that it will be impossible to turn him with the version process.  This Dr. was very different from our regular Dr. and was not beating around the bush with the news.  That being said, we are looking at a 99% possibility of having a C-Section.  This of course isn't the news that we wanted, but I am ok with it just as long as he arrives safe and healthy.  James and I will go back to the Dr. next Friday the 8th and I hope to have a more confirmed outline and plan of the next few weeks to come.  I have a few more weeks to get comfortable with the idea of the C - Section and who knows, just  maybe he will surprise the Drs. and do a little flip-a- roo.

On a much lighter note, we are almost done with the nursery.  We're just waiting for the duct guy to relocate the register for the heating vent and for the glider to arrive.  The room has really transformed in the past few weeks and it's pretty much ready for our little guy.  James has done a great job!  Today after the Dr. visit we stopped off and picked up Baby O a pair of tiny Converse.  His first pair of shoes!  I'm certain he will only ware these a few times, but I couldn't resist.




We will post again next week unless something pops up.

Love,
Amanda & James

No comments:

Post a Comment