Monday, May 10, 2010

First Mothers Day

What a wonderful first Mothers Day!  It started out with Owen giving me the best gift of all.  The gift of sleeping through the night.  He slept Saturday night for 9 hours and 45 min.  I actually went in and woke him for a bottle.  Then he gave me the second best gift, more sleep.  We cuddled in bed until 9:45 am.  James let us sleep in and it was fantastic. When I went into the dining room, flowers, dark chocolates and perfume waited for me.  I asked Owen if he left this for Mommy and this was his reaction. 
I think we was still waking up from his 13 hours in bed.  

 
 My favorite combination, Flowers and Dark Chocolate

 
Love it!

This weekend I picked up a Bumbo seat.  He liked it, but like anything that you put him in these days, he soon is trying to figure out how to escape.  We had to move his little Lamby Swing down to the basement because  he refused to sit in it.  Every time I sat him down he would arch his back and scream.  He just hated it!  I went to Target to pick up the Bumbo and on the box it showed a baby boy sitting in a green seat.  There was another one that pictured a girl in a pink seat.  So I chose the obvious box, the boy in the green seat, right?  LOL, well when I got home and took it out of the box, it was purple.  I said, what the heck!  I looked at the box again and still I see the label that reads actual color.  I look at the green seat....Am I losing my mind?  Then it dawns on me, the purple sticker is referring to the actual color of the seat.  Hahaha, I had a moment.  I had a good laugh.  I said well, Owen your Daddy will just have to deal with it, I'm not going back to the store.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet Mother's Day!!!!!! I love the bumbo seat...your story made me laugh! I still have those "moments" all the time!

    ReplyDelete