Monday, February 21, 2011

A day at the Park & Cousins



We took advantage of the warm weather last week and had many stroller rides. We even made it up to the park on Thursday! I didn't think about all the snow melting...so when we got there the ground was very wet and muddy. I should have put Owen in some old shoes and clothes. We got a little dirty! James said that's what boys do. But Owen and I didn't like the mud!  It was his first time really walking around outdoors and on uneven ground, so he took a few falls. When his hands would hit the dirt he'd look up at me like, help me please. It was so cute. We headed for the baby swings first.  I couldn't get a smile.  It was pretty close to nap time so tired eyes is all he could give here.  There were some kids playing on the slide next to him and he was laser focused on them!






 He was getting around very well considering the ground was mushy.  We played for about 30 min then I took him down the slide a few times.  He seemed a little uninterested after a bit, so we loaded up and walked back home. 
Later that evening I checked the mail.  I sat down on the couch to go through all the junk.  I was reading something and had placed the junk pile to the side.  Owen was playing in the floor, but the next thing I know he is sitting on the sofa next to me reading the junk adds.  I had to do a double take!  How in the world did you get up here?  And how did I not see you doing it?  Oh boy!  So he's quickly learned to climb up and safely get down from the sofa.  What a big boy!



And later that night he climbed up next to his Daddy and watched something on TV for a few minutes.  
I came in, laughed, and snapped his picture.  It's funny to see him acting like a big person.  Boy, they catch on so fast.

On Saturday we went to Owen's cousins (Samantha's - Sammy's) second birthday party. We were very excited to be there since we missed her turning one.  Owen was so small last year when she turned one and we didn't make it down.  In 2 years there have been 4 babies on James' side of the family and they're all 6 months apart. Owen and Jessica, the youngest, are only 3 months apart.  It's been so much fun to see our whole family grow, but also to watch the children grow together.  All the kids had such a nice time playing and something tells me,  when they're a little bigger there will be many sleepovers.
I'm excited that Owen has cousins so close in age to grow up with!  And for those of you who don't know....  My brother, Shannon is expecting his first baby (a girl!) May 1st.  So we can add another cousin to the list!  We are very excited for a girl on my side of the family and there's no doubt that she'll be spoiled!  This is my first niece!


Sammy turns two!  She's so cute!


Yay for cousins!

from left to right: Jessica 9mo, Owen 12mo, Tyler18mo, Sammy 24mo


Cousin Love!





No comments:

Post a Comment