Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Highlights

We really had a great Easter weekend!  James and I had a sitter Friday night so we could attend the Good Friday service. The service was so nice, but it was long.  It was the fist time I had been to the Greek church on Good Friday.  Next year if we make it, we'll make sure we eat dinner before we go. We were starving at 10pm. But it was a good reason to go out for dinner afterward, just the two of us.

7 Dz dyed eggs
Saturday we did yard work and made sure all the food was ready for our guest on Sunday.  It was a long busy day.


Owen was being shuffled around and I think all the commotion and teething put him in a bad mood. So much so, I had to take a Mommy time out.  Lol  Later in the day, Elaine and her family stopped over and then Chrissy came over to pick up the eggs and we had a great time chatting. Owen's Egg Hunt with my MomGroup was rained out that morning so I had to get rid of a bunch of eggs. Like 5 dz!


Dying eggs in the evening was therapeutic for me

I got so into it

And loved dying the brown eggs they were unique

I miss doing creative projects - this was so much fun. I felt like I was in color theory class!

Saturday night I finished up the Easter Bunny cake.  I think it was the best one yet.  It's face was very sweet this year.  I decided at the last minute to leave off the wiskers and it really made a big difference. The kids really love this cake.  My Mom made this when we were kids.
It doesn't seem like Easter unless we have the Bunny cake.
His ears are different shapes, kinda like Emma's :)



Sunday Morning we were up early and getting ready for church.  James dressed Owen in his suit while I finished up.  It was so cute to look over and see Owen on his lap with a tie and sport coat on.  I thought, wow he's truing into a little man.

Boy, he looked so much like James that morning.
Dressed and ready for church - we were 5 min. ahead of schedule too  

At church with Daddy

He had a hard time sitting still

Grrrr, Mom stop taking my picture!

This is Owen's serious face

He did well considering it was an hour long

We kept passing him back and forth

I was tired too

Cutting a tooth on the bottom

The church had an Easter Egg hunt for all the little children.  Owen didn't know what to think.  He was more interested in picking up sticks and bark on the playground.   But it was a good photo opp. :)








We headed home for a late lunch and another egg hunt, but we had to take family pictures with these beautiful trees before we could leave. At home we had a traditional Greek Easter menu with a little Southern flare.  I did a good job at preparing this time around so it all went smoothly.  Well, there was a slight issue with the lamb being too rare and the smoke alarm kept going off, but it wouldn't be right if there weren't a little drama, right ;)

photos outside the church

my boys

we took this one ourselves - cheese!

smell the flowers

the pollen made him sneeze

being silly

holding Owen up so he can smell the flowers



Cousins: Colt and Chloe

Aunt Cassandra

the kids table- Owen wanted to pull the table cloth off

and he's after Chloe's drink


Uncle Chris and Owen

those long arms come in handy

the Easter Bunny finally arrived at 6:30pm

books and toys and a few chocolates for Mom and Dad

Poor Owen was absolutely exhausted after all the festivities time for bath and bed

No comments:

Post a Comment