Monday, October 4, 2010

Shimmy Shimmy Coco Pop!

Shimmy Shimmy Rock!  Owen is moving, standing and trying to take little steps.  It's his latest achievement, which started early last week.  Since he began this new trick, he's gotten quite good and he goes from sitting to standing pretty quick now.  We are working on getting back down safely.  I saw him drop back and land on is butt a few times this morning, which is a great improvement from just a few days ago, when he would just let go and go flying backwards on his head.  I still get behind him some to help brace the falls when I see him getting excited and ready to go for an object.

We were visiting with Aunt Skye this weekend and I had left the room.  When I returned she said, hey look he's standing up.  She hadn't seen him doing this before. Then a little later he pulled up on the ottoman and wanted to walk for her remote.  I was helping him walk to it because I know when he gets excited he'll just let go and think he can walk with no hands.  Skye said, don't help him let him get it on his own. Ha!  Why did I listen to her?  So I moved back and she showed Owen the remote again.   He got so excited that he let go and went flying back on his head.  He was ok but I said, I told you so.  I know my boy!  She was shocked and said she had no idea he would just let go and try to walk for it.  I think we need to get Owen a helmet to ware.  We have hardwood all throughout the house..... I'm pretty sure I saw these in a baby magazine some place!? Lol.  We could hide it from Daddy :) Our little secret!

Aside from the crawling, pulling up and little steps (and fake coughing for attention) Owen has also decided he doesn't want me to feed him anymore.  So I have been letting him practice feeding himself with his big boy bowl and spoon.  I load the spoon and he takes it with his left hand.  He gets it into his mouth very well and his nose too.  At the end of the session the food is all over his face, the highchair and floor.  He loves it!  I wish I felt the same :) Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud of him and I love seeing him grow and learn but, the sticky food is no fun.  A pain to clean up!  Aunt Skye watched me feed Owen on Saturday, very impromptu, without a highchair on her living room floor; Owen and I were covered in sweet potatoes.  She said, you know I read some place where people feed their babies in the bathtub.  What?  In the bathtub?  Really?  Now, I know its messy and sticky, but I can't imagine putting Owen in the tub to feed him each meal.  Seems worse to me.  The bathroom and food just don't mesh well in my mind.  But hey, to each his own.  I bet we will hear on the news soon, feeding your baby in the bathtub helps them with test scores later in life or some nonsense like that. Chuckle.







Look at me Mommy!





 
Hope everyone is enjoying Fall.  I just love it! And I almost forgot, James and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary on the 25th.  And 5 years next April will mark our first date.  So hard to believe!

Well, little man is awake from his morning nap....  Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment