Sunday, December 5, 2010

10 Months!

Owen turned 10 months on the 29th of November!  I know I keep saying this, but I just can't believe it!  He's really grown into a little person (man) the past few months.  He's becoming more independent with each day that passes.  We are on the official count down to his 1st birthday now! 

And many new things coming up:
  • moving to a big boy car seat
  • weaning him off the bottle
  • flipping his mattress over to the toddler side (softer)
My grandmother (Granny) Owen's Great Granny, was here for two weeks to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.  She was such a big help around the house and with Owen.  And I was able to catch up on some much needed rest.  Thank you Granny!  She and Owen had a big time playing together and making strange coughing sounds at each other ( i guess you'd just have to see it to understand) Lol.  When I asked him today, Owen where is Granny?  He looked around the house for her.  It was very cute.  I know he must miss her attention because she gave him so much.

This lil guy still amazes us each day!  And I never could have imagined my love would continue to grow this much..  I'm still in love with his sweet hugs and giggles.  I can't get enough of them!  So I hold him down at least once a day and tickle him!  He shutters with laughter! However, his kisses are much harder to get these days.  I asked him for a kiss and he shook his head No to me.  He did it 3 times in a row.  His Granny taught him to shake his head back and forth.  Thanks Granny!

Owen definitely has more of an opinion these days and really shows us his emotions.  Although his vocabulary is limited to Nahnah and Dahdah he's pretty good at getting our attention and letting us know what he wants.  He calls out for the dogs by saying, Dahg.  He calls Leo - Leh and Emma is- Ehhha.  And I can't tell you how many times I have called Leo-Owen and Owen - Leo!

Owen tries to say tree. He's in awe of the Christmas tree and has to talk to it each time he passes it.  And he calls the tree Dahg?  He's become much more interested in table food and has decided he doesn't like jar baby food or pureed foods as much.  I'm constantly making little meals for him and throwing them in the trash.  This is a little frustrating, but he has more of an opinion so we just roll with it. And are happy to see his growth and development.

Owen is cruising really well and removing his hands to stand alone for a few seconds at a time.  Each time he goes a little longer.  We are anxiously awaiting his first steps!  No pressure Owen!  You'll get there when you're ready.  His new favorite activity is climbing the forts I make him out of the couch cushions.  He is fearless the way he climbs, dives and rolls around on these forts.  I am amazed at his energy at times!   And I'm really looking forward to getting him into My Gym (or something like it) this winter.  It's time!  I think he'll really love it and he'll burn off some great energy.  And this will make for a happier little boy and Mommy.

Yesterday we headed up to Fredrick MD for our family photos and Owen's one year birthday photos.  I know he's only 10 1/2 months, but I wanted to have them done in time to get out the invitations sent out. Nothing like planning ahead ;)  I can't wait to see them.  We did the photo shoot outside in 38 degrees.  We wore lots of layers and we moved very fast!  Owen was such a trooper!  He never fussed or cried!  He seemed a little confused and his little hands were cold since he refused to keep his mittens on.  But he did very well and I can hardly wait to get the proofs back.  Erin Smith took the photos and she has a great eye for nature and rustic settings.  We drove to places in Fredrick and took a few pictures next to old cars, abandon building and then next to an old barn in a field.  It was a real adventure! And I have a great appreciation for photography and models now.  It's not easy work! Here's Erin's website if you want to view her work: Magnolia Street Photography

Owen's Updates:
  • stands with no hands
  • cruises 
  • climbs
  • rolls
  • laughs
  • grunts
  • snorts when he laughs hard (oh I love this)
  • gives big hugs
  • holds his sippy cup well
  • says Nah Nah and Dah Dah
  • does Patty Cake
  • Claps when he's happy or hears music
  • Does the itsy bitsy spider (we've been working on this for over 6 months)
  • won't hold his own bottle (that's my job)
  • eats: feta cheese, black eyed peas, avocado, pasta, lasagna, cottage cheese, crackers, macaroni, waffles, eggs, toast
  • He does not like: oatmeal, broccoli or cooked carrots (I don't like these either - I only eat broccoli because I know it's good for me.)
  • he has a head full of thick hair that is harder to manage these days (has his Daddy's cow licks)
  • His eyes are now hazel and pick up blue or green shirts best
  • loves story time
  • he dances up and down when you sing
  • is in 12-18 months cloths now
  • sleeps from 7pm - 7am
  • takes 1-2 naps a day
  • is in size 4 diapers
  • amazes me each day
Hope you enjoy these photos of the past few week!




















1 comment:

  1. I noticed there is no baby gate??? Did you let him free?? Can't believe he wil be 1 real soon. I could cry, man how the time flies....Miss you!

    ReplyDelete