Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busy week

I am so bad. I never remember to get his picture with his bear on time. I took these on Tuesday after we got back from our outing at the park with Jennifer and Rachel. Owen really isn't feeling the photo ops these days.  He'd rather roll round.

 I got your toes!



The weather has been absolutely perfect this week so Owen and I have been taking full advantage. We went to the grocery store together on Monday. I don't normally take him...it's just easier to get in and out alone, but I have decided to start going early on Mondays because it's a ghost town. Soon he'll be big enough to ride in the buggy (cart) and I wont have to lug his heavy carrier up there. He is about 14.5 pounds now and add another 3 pounds for the carrier. Owen is really loving stroller rides in his new big boy umbrella stroller. He can sit upright and see so much as we move. I was overwhelmed with emotion as I pushed him around the neighborhood. Gosh he's really growing up and I am proud of him. He was sitting up so straight and so alert. There really are so many changes from 3 months - 4 months and I'm sure even more will show up next month. He's starting to look and act like a little boy and not a baby.


We had a play date with the girls and Matthew and Jacob on Tuesday at this great playground. It was every kids dream park. They even had a carousel. Owen and Matthew hung out in their strollers while Jacob who is almost 2 ran all over. We had a blast! This time next year Owen and Matthew will have to go back join Jacob in the running. That will be here before we know it!

 Jennifer and Jacob

Matthew hanging out and looking at his Mommy

Owen with his keys

Matthew stretches!

Check out my shoes!

Yesterday was a rainy day and Owen and I slept in a little. We hung around the house until it stopped and then we made our way over to Kholes to get James a pair of pants. Owen doesn't like Kholes! He cries every time I take him there. I think they did a remodel and have new lighting that's much brighter and seems to put out a lot of heat. He is so hot blooded and breaks out in a sweat. So we were in and out in about 10 minutes. Today the sun is out again, so we are going over to Gunner's lake to meet up with my Mom group. We are meeting there to walk or jog (i'll be walking) with the babies. Tomorrow we are taking it easy and I have decided to make Friday's clean house and grill/eat on the patio Friday's. James and I don't get to dine out any more so this is the closet we can get to having a happy hour-date of sorts. We'll have steak and maybe a cocktail!

Oh, I should also mention that Owen has been back to his normal sweet self this week. He hasn't been fussy and sleeping well again. That was a hard patch we hit and I am so glad things have settled down. Although this little clip may show something different. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! He is so big and really growing up, too cute. I love the video because you can tell he is pissed! LOL

    ReplyDelete