Monday, August 23, 2010

7 Months

I am jumping the gun by a few days here, but I had time today to get Owen with his bear.  And now he is taking a nice nap so I thought I would try to get going on this post.  On the 29th Owen will be 7 months, but I figure not too much could change between now and then.  Right?

Wow!  That's all I can say.  Form 5-7 months - Wow!  It is like we no longer have a little lump, but a real member of this family.  He is so aware and awake and is interacting so much more with us.  He laughs and giggles and has a real reaction to things.  I can tell when he is scared, sleepy, hungry, bored, excited, happy, and annoyed or frustrated.  I can see all of these feelings and emotions.  I truly love the look of concentration.  You can tell his little mind is working hard to learn and retain lots of information now.  We are starting to see the cause and effect scenario more and more. He realizes that if he throws his spoon down, Mommy will bend over and pick it up.  He knows if he screams really loud we will react. It's just wonderful and fun to see!  I know this is all normal stuff, but for a first time Mom, this is the kinda stuff that makes your day.

I am really having fun with Owen now.  The thing that I love most are his hugs!  He wraps his little arms around my neck and hugs me tight.  He'll snuggle with me and kiss my checks.  Oh, I hope I'm not selfish, but I have waited so long to feel his love in return.  I know he has loved me from the start, but until now he was limited on how he could express it or show it.  Now I just need him to say Mama and not Dada first.

Last week he said Ma and then Ma and as happy as I was, I knew it was not really intentional, but he merely stumbled.  I of course, got so excited and began calling out MaMa MaMa!  He hasn't said it again since.  I am just waiting!

He knows who Dada is.  When I ask him where Dada is, he looks around.  When James walks in from work, I say, there is Dada and he jumps up and down.  He can't wait to see him everyday!  It's the cutest thing ever. So you can see my concern with the whole MaMa thing. ;)  But either way we will be happy to hear those words in what ever order they happen.  (please say MaMa)

So here's what Owen's doing these day:
  • sitting alone
  • 28 inches (grew an inch in one month)
  • weighs about 17 pounds (on the thin side right now)
  • is very tall for 7 months and has long legs
  • eating solids twice a day
  • takes (5) 6oz bottles and sometimes an 8 oz before bed
  • wares size 3 diapers
  • clothes are 6-9 but 9 months is best and in some 6-12
  • takes 2 naps a day
  • afternoon naps at 2-4 pm (my free time)
  • has a left tooth (i've only mentioned that 100 times - lol)
  • gets up on his knees to crawl (we are just waiting)
  • laughs out loud
  • chatters and talks to himself
  • pretends to read his books (so cute)
  • turns the pages of his books
  • eats puffs and small finger foods
  • drools when we eat in front of of him
  • grabs for everything in site (be careful)
  • hugs us tight
  • loves to sit on our shoulders and see himself in a mirror
  • is slightly afraid of Leo (we are working on this)
  • had his first sitter last weekend and was so good for her
  • still loves his bath every night
  • really good hand eye coordination
  • can stick his finger up my nose on the first try (not cool)
  • likes to pinch my neck and the back of my arms (not a fan - but his way of loving)
  • over all 7 months is awesome!
Now enough talk and on to the monthly photo shoot!

 Cheese!

I'm a Big Boy!

I take after my Mommy here!

Like my Chuck Taylor's?

These are very special shoes!  
Mommy & Daddy bought them for me before I arrived!

No More!

Ok One More!





No comments:

Post a Comment