Sunday, August 22, 2010

Morning Play Time With Mommy

I took these pictures of our play time together this morning.  As you can see, Owen' s able to sit upright and completely unassisted.  I can't believe it!  He looks so mature sitting alone playing with all his toys.  He really loves his books too and helps me turn the page.  Sometimes he lets me help him  turn them  :)

He is getting to be so much more independent and at times I find myself missing the little baby stages with him.  So at night I will rock him when I know I should put him down already.  But he's growing and changing at a rapid pace now and I'm trying to hold on a little.  It seems that each day this week we have noticed something new that he can do or get into.  He can now slither on his tummy and make his way to the coffee table or the jumperoo.  When he gets there he is trying to pull himself up.  He doesn't have the upper body strength just yet.  It looks so funny!  Then of course he is biting on all the furniture and the edge of the coffee table.  The left tooth is in and we can now see that the right one is working it's way out too.  So we are back to the teething stuff again.  His cold is gone!  It only lasted two days and it bothered me more than him.  I was concerned about the fever.  So I was taking his temp every few hours.  Let's just say that after two days of that thermometer being in a not so happy place, Owen was over it.  So I knew he was feeling better!

I have a photo album that Paula (MIL) gave us of James when he was 6 months -1 year old.  I really need to scan some of the pics in.  It is uncanny, the resemblance between Owen and James.  He looks exactly like his father at this stage.  If you hold the pictures side by side they look like the same baby.  The only difference is with the mouth.  Owen has my pencil thin upper lip.  I can't see much of myself in him right now.  He also has this every serious demeanor and he gets that from James too.  People keep commenting on what a serious baby he is.  But they are also telling me that he is very sweet and calm.  I would agree with all of this, but there is a side that I see daily and it is a bit stubborn.  I wonder where he gets this from?  From us both.  I don't think either of us give in too easily.  So enjoy these very candid photos.

 this is little James- aka Mr. Serious

hi mommy!

sitting alone reading his book

always making this face since the tooth came in

turn the page

see my tooth

another mini James shot

I was sorry I cut off his head
This looks exaclty like James' 7 month old baby pics

attacking his talking dog

1 comment: