Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Best Friend's Having A Baby!

My best friend Anjoli is having her first baby!  She and Michael are due on September 26th and we can hardly wait to find out the sex.  She is convinced she is having a girl and while she just may be, I have yet to have a dream about her and the baby.  Before Anjoli got pregnant, the month before I had a dream that she didn't come out to visit us when Owen was born because she was already 8 months along and couldn't travel.  The sweetest thing about the dream, other than her 8 month bump, was that she was so determined to be here.  She told Mike even  if she had to drive cross country to be here she would.  Well, that in a nut shell is Anjoli and this could have really happened.  She is the most determined, head strong and committed person I know.  She has always been a best friend to me and her love and devotion has never wavered.  For anyone who doesn't know how we met, she and I met in the 7th grade.  I remeber it like it was yesterday....

I was a little late on the first day of Junior High.  Gosh how embarassing!  Eveyone looks at you...You remember those days!  Well, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, here comes Anjoli running in behind me.  I felt so bad for her and well, at that moment, I knew I had to be friends with her.  I thought hell, 7th grade is awful and you really need someone who you can relate to.  So, that year I wasn't the only late kid to shcool more than once and thank god for it.  It was like we were in it together, and well, that's just how it's always been with us.  And now we are going to be Mommy's together and after all these years, we're still in it together.  Well, that was 17 years ago!

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, she is going to be a wonderful mother.  The kind that puts cute notes in the kids lunches and make smiley face pancakes on Sunday morning's.  She is going to be hip and fun and at times, she going to be a little nutty, but that's where Michael David comes in and brings Anjoli back to down to earth.  LOL!  Congratulations to you both!  I am so proud to be called your Best Friend and excited to be apart of this special time in your life.



Anjoli now 13 Weeks Along

A Few Days Before I Said "I Do"

A Few Days Before She Said "I Do"

1 comment:

  1. So I was putting off cleaning the floors so I decided to check out your blog and see how George Owen was doing. By the way, I love the photos and I put one up on the fridge so I can look at his beautiful face everyday. And, I discovered your post and when I began to read it I burst into tears. Amanda, that is sweetest thing and the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while. I am so blessed to have in my life and so fortunate to get have you by my side during the most important times in my life. You are truly a blessing from God and Owen is blessed to have you as his mom. Love U!

    ReplyDelete