Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cooking In the Kitchen with Mommy

Today while Owen was napping I made chocolate chip cookie dough.  My back has been acting up so I needed a distraction.....And when he woke up from his nap I needed to get the cookies in the oven.  So I brought Owen into the kitchen with me.  I brought his toys over, but he wasn't interested in them at all.  So I gave him a few things from my kitchen drawer to play with. Would you know, he sat in the floor playing next to me for two hours!  He never fussed or got distracted.  I looked over at his play room (once our semi formal dining room) at all the toys and just shook my head.  You can spend so much money on stuff for babies and all they want is a wooden spoon, a small spatula, and a  measuring cup.

I had to get pictures of our time together.  I think we both enjoined it very much!  I haven't had the chance to bake like this in over a year!  I hope when he gets a little bigger I can let him help me cook.  Maybe he'll be the next Gordon Ramsey, well I hope not dropping the F bomb, but a renown chef would be cool.  Or even just a good Chef ;)  I broke a cookie during the transfer so I had to eat it and I had to wash it down with a glass of milk.  Oh my, it was so good!  Sorry to toot my own horn, but it was good!  I packed the rest up for James to to take to work. 

I spilled all my puffs out on the floor 

Everything goes in the mouth!

 Hot out of the oven!

If you like to bake cookies and have them golden brown but chewy
I highly recommend using a SILPAT.  It gives you the perfect cookie every time.
And I guess it's "green" too since you aren't using parchment paper each time.
I LOVE my SILPAT!

Cooling Cookies 
Notice there is one missing

I ate it!  It was still hot and melty!

Milk and Cookies make the back better!

Eating the wooden spoon

So content with this spoon never even looks up at me

 How fascinating!  It's a spoon!

Concentrating so hard


Yes 2 hours of play time with this!


I like cooking in the kitchen with Mommy!




2 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!!! Those cookies look amazing!!!! Morgan loves to "help" cook, too! It is amazing at the "toys" that are around the house will entertain for a long time, but 2 hours is GREAT!!!!!!! Hope your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look amazing. I started drooling thinking about them, we will have to make some when you come to visit. Can't wait. Owen is such a good boy, hopefully, he will rub off on Aidan. LOL

    ReplyDelete