Saturday, September 11, 2010

F is for

 Fall and Football! 



Gemboree was  having a great sale on their fall football collection for baby boys and Owen was running out of clothes that fit......  This stuff was too cute and of course, it was an easy sale when I showed it to James.  I showed him the outfits on line, and all pieces coordinate. I love this because you can mix and match and come up with so many outfits with just a few pieces.  Yes, I used the word outfit and we have a boy!  So it turns out, you can have fun dressing baby boys too.  Yes, I just love girl clothes and I never leave the baby department without having a look at all the little dresses.

Oh they are just too cute!  Skye is always scolding me for this!  Anyway, we had a cool day on Friday and it felt like a Fall day so, I got Owen dressed in his new football clothes and was even able to get some picutes of him too.  He looks so grown up!

The only way I could get these shots was to give him his bear.
How do Baby Photographers do it?  It's truly a gift!

He tried to climb out of this glider more than once!


I got him, but notice he is leaning forward to get out of the chair again!
But look at his shirt and matching socks!  This is one of the outfits from Gemboree.  Baby Aidan - yours next!  Well provided Owen doesn't soil them too badly.


Mommy got your toes! Again!

And now time to attack Mr. Bear!

Got him!


 Finally a good shot and I cut his head off!
 Oh Mom!

And I'm done!

When I took him to daycare, at the Gym, the girls couldn't believe how grown up he looked.  They said he has really grown and changed in the last week.  Ha, tell me about it!  He is getting a little big for his britches, as my Granny would say.  A little Evil Kenevil we have on our hands!  This boy has NO FEAR!  He just amazes me, with all the tumbling over and then looks up like, that didn't hurt.  He's mobile now, in case I haven't mentioned that lately.  Any way, I'll save this story for the next post.......back to Fall and Football.
 This is a peak at what I'm talking about.  
I can't turn my back for a second.  He is into everything.

I now have to change him on the floor because he tried to climb off the changing table.  But once that diaper comes off now, he is off!  Loves to break free and crawl around in the nude!  
I know, this is pay back right!  
I have been told I did this too! Here he is making a B-line to get in the bathroom.  
He heard the tub water running.  And he loves his bath!

Owen has it least 6 or 7 Redskins "outfits"  as well as the new stuff from Gemboree.  All of which, I had never taken the tags off of until today.  Now the wash is full of reds.  That's dangerous!  One white sock in the mix and it's a goner!   Well, I was at Sears one day, when he was just a month or so old, and they had Redskins clothes marked way down.  Some were going for 2$.  I guess they were considered out of season and they were practically giving them away.  I snagged a few there for this coming season.  I knew James would love my purchase.  A - because I was frugal and B - because It was his team and now it would be Owen's team.  Ahh, the luxury a father gets in life....to make his son a Fan-ataic for his team, just as his father did for him.   Although, Paula is also a huge Skins fan.....I guess when you are born and raised in the DC area, it is almost sac-relig if you are not a fan of the Skins.

Being born and raised in the South, Georgia to be exact, everyone follows College ball but, I was an odd kid, I guess.  I never liked Football.  Actually, I hated when ever we had to sit and watch UGA on TV and listen to Larry Munson on the radio at the same time.  That was torture for me as a kid!  The only good memories I have of College football, University of Georgia football, is ringing The Bell  in Athens, eating at the Varsity and sometimes getting BBQ from the fire department for their fundraisers.  That's what made football for me. Oh, and the Cheerleaders....  I liked them too.   I wanted to go to UGA when I was little to be a Cheerleader, but turns out, I inherited bad genes for being coordinated and never learned how to do a cartwheel.  Hahaha!  That dream was shattered!  Lol!  I'm not the cheerleader type anyway!  So I went to art school at SCAD and well, we didn't have a football team.  I don't think I missed out really, but I guess this is why I have never been a huge fan and not loyal to any one team.  I am learning to love the Skins and NFL football.  I think the best memory for me when watching NFL, was preseason this year, when the Vikings 2nd string quarterback threw a 60 yard pass and it was caught!  It was caught!  That is some football!  That was great!  I was excited to see that type of risk taking!  That is good football!  But that was preseason and in the real season, they are RARELY that daring. Most games I am bored right after half time.....

Well, between my purchase at Gemboree and Sears - Owen's growing Redskins collection - I think it's safe to say, this boy is covered and Ready For Some Football!  His Daddy is going to the opening game tomorrow night with the guys from work.  I plan to dress Owen up tomorrow afternoon before James heads out to tale gate for some family photos.  Mommy doesn't own anything with the Skins on it.  And today when Daddy & Owen had on their matching Skins hats, I wore my Nats hat.  We went down to Bethesda to walk the Capital Crescent Trail and have lunch.  We wanted to hit up Georgetown Cup Cake too, but there was a line around the building, so we headed back home.  It's a cup cake for Pete's sake!  I told James I'd bake him some cupcakes!  It was such a nice day out.  We had a nice family outing and  really beautiful weather.  We haven't had a day like today in a very long time and it was much needed. We just get so busy with life and it's great when we get to all be together just relaxing and enjoying the day, as low key as it was.

Hoodies and Hats! Man I look so tired!

I love this one!  We posed the same and what a smile Owen!

I had a crab salad sandwich and Owen had some puffs. 
And he dropped a few in my salad for extra flare! 
What a great day!

Yummy!  See him eying my food!

Da Da and his boy!  Let's go Skins! I love this picture!

Hat on!  He's not a fan of hats!

Sweet baby boy and his Daddy!



 Hope you all enjoy some cooler days and football season!  Looks like I better get on this wagon and support my Skins!   Did I mention, Fall is my most favorite time of year.  Halloween, cooking  and baking are my things!


This has been our dinner for the past two nights.  I made a crock pot of Texas Chili.  Then used the left overs for a Chili Corn Cassarole.  The recipes were featured in FoodNetworks September issues.  It was the best dinner I've made in a long time.  Such a great way to kick off Fall and Football season.

 Topped it off with sour cream. Yes, this is my portion! 
I was hungry and ate a huge bowl full! 
And washed it down with a Fire Fly: 
Vodka Flavored Iced Tea mixed with Country Time Lemonade.  
If you like sweet tea with lemon, you'll like this drink! 
May cause one to get a little warm!

Anjoli, this is so similar to your 3 Bean Tamale Pie.  But it doen't have beans and lots of beef.  It has a sweet cornbread and monteray jack topping.  The recipe called for pre-made Polenta.  Where do you buy that?  I used homemade sweet cornbread.  I guess you could make your own Polenta and chill it and cut into rounds for the topping.  Too much work and cornbread was awesome!

Happy almost Fall everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos of Owen in his football attire. All your cooking makes me hungry, can't wait for you to get here so we can cook together. YUM!

    ReplyDelete