Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh Boy!

Oh boy, we have our hands full with Owen these days!  He is crawling and seems he wants to get into anything that is bad or dangerous for him. He loves the fire place & screen, the baby gate that goes to the basement, and now the coffee table.  He uses it as an obstacle course to climb through.  We can't take our eyes off of this little guy! While he is mobile and creating a new set of challenges for us, it's a lot of fun.  We sit on the floor with him and play with his toys.  He loves to toss the football around.  What a boy!  And I am noticing he is very interested in figuering out how things work (mechanical things) so not sure if this is just what boys do, or a precursor to his personality and interest.  When I notice him studying something intently, I talk to him and show him how it works.  The next time he has it figured out by himself.  He' learning and that's a beautiful thing to see!  For the first time in HIS life, I've used the word NO.  He is smart and he knows what I mean.  Sometimes he listens and other times he pushes the envelope.  He's cheeky like that, but aren't ALL babies!  I guess this is also part of learning - learning to test the waters and see what he can get away with, little by little.

Well, we were able to get a video of Owen crawling accross the coffee table.  I was so nervous that he was going to bump his head.  I told James to hurry up and catch him!  He's much more relaxed with letting Owen figure things out on his own.  Teaching him that man trait, to be strong, I guess ;) I of course, just don't want my baby boy to get a boo boo, but I know it's coming soon! Oh, and the driving force to crawl across the coffee table, was the fire place!

Time to get a baby walker so he can scoot around and explore without hurting himself.


PS. If you zoom in, yes you will see I hadn't dusted in awhile.  It's gone now - after I saw this!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I wish you could have been here to see my face as I was watching this video. It was funny we said "OH MY GOD" at the same time. I love all the grunting sounds. PS. I found a high chair so I am squared away for you and Owen's visit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete