Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ice Cream - Anti Social

My neighbors, a few streets over, planned an Ice Cream Social to end summer.  She is also in my Mom Group.  So we (I) was really looking forward to getting out of the house and socializing with other babies and parents today.  Since it was a weekend event, dads were coming along too.  We got Owen all ready, crushed up our Oreo Cookies, and headed out.   Bur Just before we left the house Owen went on a major sneezing spree.  He seemed ok so we didn't think anything of it.  When we got to the play date, I put Owen down in the play yard with a few other babies.  He was playing well and then it happened again.  He started sneezing and snotting all over the other babies and their toys.  Oh no!  I grabbed him up immediately and took him away and cleaned his nose.  He sat with James and I, on the deck, while we talked to some other parents, but I noticed he was not happy.  The sneezing continued and he became restless.  I thought maybe he was getting too hot so we all moved into the yard under the shade trees.  As soon as I got Owen down on a blanket and looked over at him, he looked like he was choking on something.  He was turning red in the face!  What could he be choking on?  I started to panic a little!  I grabbed him up and he was drooling and making the choking face.  You guys know what the choking face looks like - it's scary!  Then all of a sudden he vomited all over me!  I stood up and he projectile vomited more into the grass.  Ok, it was time to pack up and go back home!  I've never seen him vomit like that.  Everyone understood, but I had the feeling like they might be getting concerned that he was sick and maybe contagious. If it were someone else's baby, I might think this... James had just made his sundae and as he walked over I said, "We have to go home now, Owen isn't doing well."  James looked at me like I was crazy.  So we loaded up our stuff and here we are now at home.....  I was really looking forward to being out of the house with him today, because none of us have felt good all week and we haven't been out much, and I don't do well in the house for long periods.  James joked that Owen was just being anti-social like him.  At one point, James was sitting in the corner not talking to anyone.  Ha! Imagine that!  I don't think Mom Group outings are quite his thing, but he was sweet enough to go along with it.  Well, I hope next week is a better week and we can get back to the gym (daycare) and our normal routine. And hopefully I can have my sanity back. But over anything else, I really hope Owen is ok.  This little fella has had a hard time these past few weeks.  He's napping now and I pray he isn't getting the stomach bug that James and I had earlier this week.

Well, I'm going to go eat the left over Oreo Cookies and take a nap too.  And just maybe tomorrow will be a better day for the McPherson Clan.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. I am sorry! I know how scary that is when your baby is sick. Aidan does this choking/coughing thing with his reflux, and it freaks Michael and I out. I hope he is o.k. and I hope we can Skype this week now that Aidan is in his bouncer, you can see him better and he is so content. I am actually up having coffee, Michael is sleeping, and Aidan is sleeping peaceful in his bouncer. Peace at last :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete