Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Steps

This week I have been working on walking with Owen.  He likes to push his wagon around and anything that isn't bolted down, for that matter.  So he's good at walking, but he isn't confident when it comes to letting go and doing it without hands.  So we are practicing.  James and I clap and scream Yay really loud when he does it and it's become a little game for him  now.  Last night he wanted to get over to Leo so he let go and took three steps before sitting down.  He looked over at us and waited for a cheer.  We were all amazed!  It's the first time he's done it on his own without one of us coaching him.  Yay Owen!

I can't wait for him to walk!  I know everyone says it only gets harder after they learn to walk, but Owen is getting very big and heavy and it would be nice to have him walk next to me at times.  Two nights ago I dreamed that I put him down in a field and I said, Ok Owen now walk like a big boy.  He took three or four steps and he started running.  He ran and ran as I chased after him. I couldn't believe it!  I have a feeling this is what it will be like once he does get the hang of walking.  He'll take off and never slow down!  He's such an active little boy!  Always on the move from the time he gets up until the time he goes to bed.  He never sits still and will only play with a toy for a few seconds before moving on.  Most of the time he's climbing on them, pushing them or throwing them around.  I asked James if he thought Owen would ever get to the point where he can sit and play independently for any length of time. And he said he didn't feel like it was Owen's personality from what he can see.  Oh boy!  Well, at this rate he's sure to keep us on our toes!  We are still baby proofing the house. He gets into everything! We spent the whole weekend rearranging the house and decluttering all the toys. 

I hope to get some batteries in my camera so I can get a little video of him taking steps this week - no hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment