Monday, January 10, 2011

Guilt Free Cookies

So like most everyone else, part of my New Years resolution is to slim down and eat better.  But if you are someone like me and weight seems to magically cling to your back side, then you know how hard it is too lose it and how easy it is to gain it.  I swear I have no idea how it gets there!  Lol!   . 

I truely hate obsessing about weight, pounds, and my pants size.  I love food!  It's my passion!  So to limit myself ingredients (butter) and not cook things that I want is very hard and boring for me.  But I think for a few weeks I will try to "diet" So to start the diet process and to get me focused, I decided to make some cookies.  Hahaha!  That's a joke, right?!  No, it's not!  I just can't go cold turkey without sweets or chocolate.

I made healthy cookies for those times when I am left unsatisfied. If any of you are looking for a low fat cookie that taste great, I highly recommend making these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yup, you'll still have to eat them in moderation, but these cookies are super tasty (and pretty good for you) and just one will fill you up!

This is the first time I've made a cookie without butter!  I was quite skeptical at first.  James was the real test and he loved them!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg white
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups rolled oats (at Whole Foods or  in Organic section)
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (at Whole Foods or  in Organic section)
1/4 cup wheat germ toasted (at Whole Foods or  in Organic section)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.  Toast wheat germ on a pan for 5-10 min careful not to burn. Set aside.  In a mixer add first 5 ingredients. In a large bowl mix all other dry ingredients.  Then mix the wet mixture with the dry mixture.  Mix well and spoon on a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Bake for 10-12 min.  Cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment