Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Walking

Update on the walking..... Tonight we installed a new gate to keep Owen and the dogs out of the kitchen.  James and I were checking out the gate and chatting about it.  Owen was playing in the floor next to us and apparently feeling ignored.  So to get our attention he stood up on his own (no hands) and started walking towards me.  I was busy talking (haha imagine that) and wasn't looking at him.  James' eyes got really big and he told me to look down.  I was speechless!  I had no idea he could do that!  He's been walking to me this week, but not like that!  That was ALL him!  James said, well when he really wants something and you aren't paying attention, he knows how to get it now.  We cheered, yelled and picked him up and kissed him all over!  Out of all the milestones, this ones so huge for us (him) and its very exciting to watch him get so excited with every step he takes.  He throws his arms up and closes his eyes (just in case he falls) and smiles so big. My little baby is growing up!  He can walk!  I wanted to share this video of him.  We decided to practice after he took those steps on his own.  And sorry for my backside.   I don't think it will be too much longer before he really has it down.

Enjoy!



This video was taken last week.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! I love these videos. I can't believe it. Owen is walking. Where is the time going?? He looks like such a little boy now. I know you are so proud of him. PS Aidan and I watched these videos together. He had to sit in my lap bc I was ignoring him. I read Aidan the blog too. He says, "Way to Go Owen"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching him taking his steps!!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete