Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

We were hit with our first big storm of the season last night.  Owen and I stayed in all day waiting for the storm to hit.  We didn't want to be out on the roads.  James left work at 3:30pm and didn't make it home until 7:30pm.  But he was happy I called and gave him a traffic report and told him to take the back roads.  The highways were like parking lots with people sitting in their cars.  Some of those people made it home much later. I was glad he had 4 wheel drive in the truck.  He loved it! He told me all about his adventures getting home, jumping curbs and driving on the wrong side of the road.  I would have been beside myself, but he loves this kinda stuff.  Boys! 

Today we had a snow day!  We shoveled the drive and took Owen out to see his first real snow.  Technically, this is far from his first real snow.  He was born during a snow storm and brought us 2 more blizzards after that, but this is the first time he's ever been outside next to it.  He didn't know what to think! We were only out for a few minutes.  I realized too,  this was the first time that he's taken  steps outside since he started walking.  It was a new world to him.


















No comments:

Post a Comment